Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
KSL News recently interviewed some of our Health Promotion and Live Fit employees on what they have done to offer Tooele County residents healthier choices. [video width="640" height="360"...read more
PUBLIC HEARING ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016 FROM 6:00 P.M. TO 7:00 P.M Tobacco Handler Permits, Regulation # 13
On November 22, 2016 the Board of Health voted to adopt the proposed changes to Regulation #13 Tobacco Handlers Permits. Click here to view the regulation. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE TOOELE COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH WILL HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER...read more
RULE OF THREE Three minutes, Three hours, Three days, Three weeks This simple rule gives an idea of priorities that you should focus on when planning for an emergency. Although it is not absolute, the rule of three gives good general direction as to what your family...read more
The Tooele County Health Department (TCHD) is hosting focus groups and needs participants. Tuesday, June 21, 2016 and Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 6:30pm-8pm • Must be a Tooele County resident to participate • 1 ½ hour time commitment • The purpose of the focus group...read more
This is a FREE program. Sign up in Suite 100 at Tooele County Health Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (435)277-2365. Visit our Facebook page - Summer Adventure or our website at...read more
Research shows that most injuries are predictable and preventable. Injuries and violence can have a dramatic impact on a person's ability to lead an active, fulfilling life. Child Safety Seats- click here for more information; Stepping On- Building Confidence and...read more
Welcome to the EPICC Program! The Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care Program (EPICC) is a program resulting from the consolidation of three programs (Diabetes Prevention and Control Program, Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention...read more
Tobacco Compliance Checks Tobacco Handlers Permits waytoquit.org Ending Nicotine Dependence Tobacco Youth Coalitions Tobacco-free Policies Respond to Utah Indoor Clean Air Act complaints For more information on any of the above listed programs contact: Hilary M. at...read more
The next class series starts May 18th, 2018. Call 435-843-4110 to sign up. Stepping On -Building Confidence and Reducing Falls FALLS PREVENTION- Stepping On is an interactive evidenced-based work shop series. WHAT YOU WILL LEARN Simple and fun balance and strength...read more
Man Therapy™ is designed to help men deal with issues like depression, anxiety, anger and suicidal thoughts. But it also can be a valuable resource for their friends or loved ones. If you’re here because you’re worried about a man in your life, you’ve come to the...read more