Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
Please join us for a community open house where you can: Learn about the project. Review the county's draft Active Transportation Goals. Tell us your preferences in the Active Transportation Survey. Show us where you walk and bike and what issues you...read more
What is Naloxone? Naloxone is a lifesaving medication that reverses an opioid or heroin overdose and gets someone breathing again. How does Naloxone work? If a person has taken opioids and is then given naloxone, the opioids will be knocked out of the opiate receptors...read more
In response to rumors concerning people contracting Meningitis from Stansbury Lake the health department releases this statement: The Tooele County Health Department and Mountain West Medical Center work closely to track all cases of reportable disease. Both...read more
Utah Department of Health Holds Utah Safe Kids and Injury Prevention Summit Click here to watch the video segment provided by ABC4 Utah. http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/suicide-prevention-may-take-a-shift-in-focus/671967504 WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC4 Utah) -...read more
KSL News recently interviewed some of our Health Promotion and Live Fit employees on what they have done to offer Tooele County residents healthier choices. [video width="640" height="360"...read more
PUBLIC HEARING ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2016 FROM 6:00 P.M. TO 7:00 P.M Tobacco Handler Permits, Regulation # 13
On November 22, 2016 the Board of Health voted to adopt the proposed changes to Regulation #13 Tobacco Handlers Permits. Click here to view the regulation. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE TOOELE COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH WILL HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER...read more
RULE OF THREE Three minutes, Three hours, Three days, Three weeks This simple rule gives an idea of priorities that you should focus on when planning for an emergency. Although it is not absolute, the rule of three gives good general direction as to what your family...read more
The Tooele County Health Department (TCHD) is hosting focus groups and needs participants. Tuesday, June 21, 2016 and Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 6:30pm-8pm • Must be a Tooele County resident to participate • 1 ½ hour time commitment • The purpose of the focus group...read more
This is a FREE program. Sign up in Suite 100 at Tooele County Health Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (435)277-2365. Visit our Facebook page - Summer Adventure or our website at...read more