Proper Disposal of Prescription and Over the Counter Drugs (OTC)
Tooele County Health Department and the Tooele County Sheriff’s Office encourages all residents to properly dispose of their prescription and Over the Counter (OTC) medicines in one of the Prescription Disposal Bins located in Tooele County.
Drug Disposal Bins are installed at the following locations:
- Tooele County Building, 47 South Main Street, Tooele Utah 84074 Phone 435- 882-5600
- Tooele City Police Department, 323 N. Main Street, Tooele Utah 84074 Phone 435-882-8900
- Grantsville City Police Dept., 429 East Main, Grantsville Utah 84029 Phone 435-884-6881
- University of Utah Stansbury Clinic, 210 Millpond, Stansbury Utah
- Wendover City Offices, 920 E Wendover Blvd, Wendover Utah
· Each location will contain a locked, mounted steel collection bin in their lobby
· Envelopes will be available to place prescription bottles and/or drugs in
· Bins will be emptied by a Law Enforcement Officer and contents will be burned
· Prescriptions are dropped off anonymously—identification is not required
· Confidentiality of all participants is ensured
Click here for a printable brochure Drug_Disposal_Brochure
For more information please follow this link to www.medicationdisposal.utah.gov or call the Tooele County Health Department at 435-277-2440.