Free Tobacco Cessation Services
If you or someone you know uses tobacco, the Utah Tobacco Quit Line can help. People who seek the help of the Utah Tobacco Quit Line are statistically more likely to kick the habit once and for all.
Most people who smoke want to quit. Call the Quit Line. It’s convenient, it’s confidential, and it’s totally FREE!
English: 1.800.QUIT.NOW (1.800.784.8669)
Spanish: 1.855.DÉJELO.YA (1.855.335.3569)
Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Online referrals visit www.waytoquit.org/online-referral
Believe it or not, telephone counseling is one of the most effective ways to help people quit smoking or chewing tobacco. In contrast to in-person counseling, it eliminates the need for transportation and childcare, as a person can access services from wherever there’s a telephone. Help can be obtained on the person’s own timetable and terms, and critical assistance is just a phone call away.
When someone calls the Utah Tobacco Quit Line, they can:
- Be connected with a trained coach who will help them develop a personalized quit plan and guide them through the quitting process
- Receive up to five individually tailored sessions with a coach
- Get a self-help booklet and information about online resources
- Opt in for text messaging reminders and support
- Receive information about how to help a friend or family member to quit
- Be able to discuss options for medications, including free Nicotine Replacement Therapy to eligible callers (youth are not eligible for nicotine replacement therapy)
Quit line services are completely confidential and available in English and Spanish. Translation is also available into more than a hundred other languages. All services are free to Utah residents.
Visit waytoquit.org for more resources or call Hilary at 435-277-2364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org