WIC – Women, Infants and Children
WIC- Women, Infants & Children
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children – better known as the WIC Program – serves to safeguard the health of low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, information on healthy eating including breastfeeding promotion and support, and referrals to health care.
If you are a current WIC client and would like to schedule your next appointment click here: Utah WIC Appointment Request, or text 801-382-7298 or call 435-277-2320.
To find out if you qualify for WIC benefits and to apply click here: https://wic.utah.gov/about/apply/
- Tooele office hours are Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Friday 8:00 a.m.- noon. Closed weekends, and holidays. 151 N. Main Street, Suite 130 Tooele, Ut. 84074 Phone 435-277-2320, Text 801-832-7298, Fax 435-277-2324
- Wendover office hours are Monday – Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at 920 East Wendover Boulevard Wendover, Ut. 84083 Phone 435-277-2326, Text 801-382-8602, Fax 435-665-7006. Immunization clinic is open the second Friday of every month from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
To take an Online Class visit: https://www.wichealth.org/. If you are having difficulty taking an Online Class please call.
WIC Income Guidelines
WIC Supports Breastfeeding. Find out more here.
There are benefits for Mothers that Breastfeed while on WIC. WIC also offers:
1. Free Breastfeeding Classes that cover: How to get breastfeeding off to a good start Common concerns How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
2. Pumps and other breastfeeding aids
3. One on one counseling for mothers with Lactation concerns. Call to schedule an appointment with our Lactation Consultants at one of the office locations listed above.
Banana Nut Butter
- 1 (4oz) jar of banana baby food
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp honey **
Stir until smooth and spread! *Do not give to infants under 12 month *Can substitute honey for maple syrup
Open house Wendover office Aug. 9th, Tooele office Aug. 16th.
In response to increased food insecurity caused by COVID, Utah WIC is authorizing a dramatic increase in fresh fruits and vegetables benefits for the months of June - September.
Read about upcoming classes, nutrition tips, recipes and more. WIC Newsletter Vol. 1