The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging Services serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Activities (Virtual)- Activities you can participate in from your home while the centers are closed.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Daily Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Meals on Wheels Program – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Medicare Open Enrollment– Open enrollment dates
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- Social Security – First and last Tuesday of each month at Tooele Senior Center 10 am-noon
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Alzheimer’s Association- https://www.alz.org/
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Utah Commission on Aging https://ucoa.utah.edu/
CSS GRANDfamilies flierSLC - Support Group Flyer Winter 2021
Looking for Love webinar Jan. 2021
Individuals who are at a higher risk should take extra precautions because they are more likely to suffer severe illness from COVID-19. You should take extra precautions if you are at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, including if you are...
Newsletter Issue 117 MARCH 2021 Newsletter Issue 117 FEB 2021 (002)
March 12, 2020 In best Public Health practice beginning March 13th, 2020, we are canceling all activities and in-house dining at the Tooele and Grantsville Senior Centers, until further notice. We will be providing pick-up meals for Older Adults 60+ years at both...
Senior Center Staff are providing activities and crafts you can do from your home while the senior centers are closed.
Services are temporarily unavailable at this location. Please contact Social Security Administration at https://www.ssofficelocation.com/utah-social-security-offices-sos44 for hours and locations. Located at 59 E. Vine Street, inside the Tooele Senior Center on the...