The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging Services serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County. Call 435-277-2420 for more information.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Activities – Activities you can participate in from your home.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Daily Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Extra Help: federal assistance related to prescription drug coverage
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Meals on Wheels Program – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Medicare Open Enrollment– Open enrollment dates
- MSP (Medicare Savings Programs)- assistance for paying for Medicare Part B
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol)– Medicare fraud prevention services
- Social Security – First and last Tuesday of each month at Tooele Senior Center 10 am-noon
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Alzheimer’s Association- https://www.alz.org/
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Utah Commission on Aging https://ucoa.utah.edu/
Social Security Office coming to Tooele beginning Tuesday September 27th. Located at 59 E. Vine Street, inside the Tooele Senior Center on the first and last Tuesday of each month from 9:00 am to noon. Everyone is welcome, no age requirement! First come, first served....
Shred Day - it's Free! Sept. 30th 12p-2pm at the Tooele Senior Center.
Tooele County has now moved to the COVID-19 community level to LOW. This is based on data from the reported cases and surveillance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Another surveillance indicator is the analyzation of wastewater for COVID-19 viral...
The Next Chapter is a social support and educational program that helps widows and widowers adjust to the loss of their loved one. For more details or to ask questions please call Sarah at 435-277-2420 or email email@example.com. Click here for other Grief...
Lunch & Learn for Caregivers – Is an educational series of seminars organized by Tooele County Aging Services for those in our community who are taking care of family members. These free presentations are scheduled weekly during a month each spring and again in...
* September 8, 2021 Update ** UTA has extended this free fare promotion through December 31, 2021. Contact our Transportation Department at 435-843-4114 for more information or visit Tooele County Transportation Utah is increasing efforts to distribute and administer...
SMP- Senior Medicare Patrol- Medicare fraud prevention services. SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) - to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect and report health care fraud, errors and the abuse. For more information and...