The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging Services serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Daily Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Meals on Wheels Program – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
UTA RELEASE-FREE FARE DAYS Free Fare Days Wednesday, February 20, 2019 Article provided by http://www.rideuta.com/News/2019/02/Free-Fare-Days Today UTA was joined by Salt Lake County, Intermountain Healthcare, the Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office and Davis County to...read more
Dementia Dialogues is a 5-session training course designed to educate the community and individuals who care for persons who exhibit signs and symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias. Over 22,000 individuals have been trained and over 11,000...read more
The Next Chapter is a social support and educational program that helps widows and widowers adjust to the loss of their loved one. For more details or to ask questions please call Sarah at 435-277-2456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. ...read more
Emotional, educational and social support for caregivers.read more
National Weather Service Experimental HeatRisk: Heat affects everyone differently. In order to better address heat risk and allow you to prepare for upcoming heat events, the NWS has developed the experimental HeatRisk forecast. The NWS HeatRisk forecast provides a...read more