The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging Services serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Daily Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Meals on Wheels Program – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Daily meals are served at the Tooele and Grantsville Senior Centers. Our meals meet the dietary requirements for elderly persons. Please call us for additional information on qualifications and updated schedules. Monthly Menu posted here in the monthly...
TOOELE COUNTY AGING SERVICES RECEIVES $1,500 FROM MEALS ON WHEELS AMERICA TO SUPPORT CLIENTS AND THEIR PETS
Much-Needed Funding Helps Keep Tooele County Seniors and Their Pets Together Tooele, Utah, October 24, 2017 – Tooele County is proud to announce that it has received a $1,500 grant from Meals on Wheels America to support its client pet support program. Funding will...
Mark your calendars! We will be kicking off our free caregiver Lunch & Learn seminar series this fall on Saturday, October 7th, 2017 at the Tooele County Senior Expo with an expert from AARP. The next Friday, October 13th, and each Friday the rest of the month,...
Don't miss the Senior Expo Oct. 7, 2017 from 10 am to 1 pm at the Tooele Technical College at 88 S. Tooele Blvd. Tooele County Senior Expo 2017
Located at 59 E. Vine Street, inside the Tooele Senior Center on the first and last Tuesday of each month from 10:00 am to noon. Everyone is welcome, no age requirement! First come, first served. No appointment necessary. Call (866) 851-5275 for more information. SSN...
Join us for free classes presented by experts on different topics pertinent to caregiving.
The Meals on Wheels Program helps adults 60 years of age and older (who can no longer drive themselves) remain independent in their homes by providing a nutritious daily meal (Monday - Friday). Contact Information: Meals On Wheels Program: (435) 277-2440 or (435)...
Stepping On -Building Confidence and Reducing Falls FALLS PREVENTION- Stepping On is an interactive evidenced-based work shop series. WHAT YOU WILL LEARN Simple and fun balance and strength training The role vision plays in keeping your balance How medication can...
Volunteer services are needed in the following areas:Senior Centers: Kitchen, front desk, activity organizationTransportation: drivers to assist in the medical transportation programMeals on WheelsCongregate MealsFriendly Caller / VisitorYard Care /...
Medicare Counseling available to explain options about: Medicare Part A, B, C & D Medigap / Supplemental Insurance Organize doctor & hospital bills Education about Senior Fraud and Abuse For more information call (435) 277-2456 or...