The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging Services serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Congregate Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Home delivered meals (Meals on Wheels Program) – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Classes to be held at Grantsville Senior Center starting Fridays, April 6 and going through Friday, May 11 from 8:30-11:00 AM. Living Well with Chronic Conditions Living Well with Chronic Conditions Self-Management Program (CDSMP)...read more
Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens Tooele County Aging Services contracts with Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for legal assistance for adults 60 years of age or older. Assistance includes: Health Housing Family and Consumer Issues Contact: Utah Legal...read more
What is the mission of the Board? The Council on Aging acts as Tooele County Area Agency on Aging and as an advisory committee to the Division of Aging and Adult Services and the Tooele County Commission. The Council represents the planning, participation and...read more
Congregate Meals are served at the Tooele and Grantsville Senior Centers. Our meals meet the dietary requirements for elderly persons. Please call us for additional information on qualifications and updated schedules. Monthly Menu posted here in the monthly...read more
TOOELE COUNTY AGING SERVICES RECEIVES $1,500 FROM MEALS ON WHEELS AMERICA TO SUPPORT CLIENTS AND THEIR PETS
Much-Needed Funding Helps Keep Tooele County Seniors and Their Pets Together Tooele, Utah, October 24, 2017 – Tooele County is proud to announce that it has received a $1,500 grant from Meals on Wheels America to support its client pet support program. Funding will...read more
Call (435)843-4114 to schedule a ride for the services offered below: Senior Transportation Seniors 60+ Daily activities, shopping, hair appointment, bank, post office Door to door service Wheelchair accessible Suggested donation $4 one-way On-Demand Public...read more
Mark your calendars! We will be kicking off our free caregiver Lunch & Learn seminar series this fall on Saturday, October 7th, 2017 at the Tooele County Senior Expo with an expert from AARP. The next Friday, October 13th, and each Friday the rest of the month,...read more
Don't miss the Senior Expo Oct. 7, 2017 from 10 am to 1 pm at the Tooele Technical College at 88 S. Tooele Blvd. Tooele County Senior Expo...read more