The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Congregate Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Home delivered meals (Meals on Wheels Program) – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Call (435)843-4114 to schedule a ride for the services offered below: Senior Transportation Seniors 60+ Daily activities, shopping, hair appointment, bank, post office Door to door service Wheelchair accessible Suggested donation $4 one-way On-Demand Public...read more
Mark your calendars! We will be kicking off our free caregiver Lunch & Learn seminar series this fall on Saturday, October 7th, 2017 at the Tooele County Senior Expo with an expert from AARP. The next Friday, October 13th, and each Friday the rest of the month, we...read more
Don't miss the Senior Expo Oct. 7, 2017 from 10 am to 1 pm at the Tooele Technical College at 88 S. Tooele Blvd. Tooele County Senior Expo...read more
The Next Chapter is a social support and educational program that helps widows and widowers adjust to the loss of their loved one. For more details or to ask questions please call Sarah at 435-277-2456....read more
Located at 59 E. Vine Street, inside the Tooele Senior Center on the first and last Tuesday of each month from 10:00 am to noon. Everyone is welcome, no age requirement! First come, first served. No appointment necessary. Call (866) 851-5275 for more information. SSN...read more
Join us for free classes presented by experts on different topics pertinent to caregiving.read more
Emotional, educational and social support for caregivers.read more
Home Delivered Meals - Meals on Wheels Program The Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) Program helps adults 60 years of age and older remain independent in their homes by providing a nutritious daily meal (Monday - Friday) to qualified individuals who are unable...read more
The next class series starts May 18th, 2018. Call 435-843-4110 to sign up. Stepping On -Building Confidence and Reducing Falls FALLS PREVENTION- Stepping On is an interactive evidenced-based work shop series. WHAT YOU WILL LEARN Simple and fun balance and strength...read more
Volunteer services are needed in the following areas: Senior Centers: Kitchen, front desk, activity organization Transportation: drivers to assist in the medical transportation program Meals on Wheels Congregate Meals Friendly Caller / Visitor Yard Care /...read more