The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
- nutrition and
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors (435) 277-2440, 2457 or 2458
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults (435) 277-2440
- Congregate Meals – At both Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes
- Home delivered meals (Meals on Wheels Program) – nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals (435) 277-2457
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program (435) 277-2458
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities (435) 277-2457
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling (435) 277-2456 or 277-2457
- Transportation Scheduling – 47 S. Main Street, Tooele (435) 843-4114
- Volunteer Opportunities
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Located at 59 E. Vine Street, inside the Tooele Senior Center on the first and last Tuesday of each month from 10:00 am to noon. Everyone is welcome, no age requirement! First come, first served. No appointment necessary. Call (866) 851-5275 for more information. SSN...read more
Join us for free classes presented by experts on different topics pertinent to caregiving.read more
Due to the holidays we will meet on January 8th and February 12th from 2:00 - 3:00pm. Emotional, educational and social support for caregivers....read more
TOOELE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION SERVICES -OUR GOAL IS TO “MOVE PEOPLE” DIAL A RIDE HOMEINSTEAD THE SHUTTLE UTA F-400 F-401 F-402 On demand SHUFFLE To make appointment call (435) 830-0479 (435) 843-4114 (888) RIDE UTA (888) 743-3882 (435) 843-4114 WHO CAN USE THESE...read more
Home Delivered Meals - Meals on Wheels Program The Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) Program helps adults 60 years of age and older remain independent in their homes by providing a nutritious daily meal (Monday - Friday) to qualified individuals who are unable...read more
Call 435-277-2302 to sign up and for more information. Stepping On -Building Confidence and Reducing Falls FALLS PREVENTION Stepping On is a well researched falls prevention program WHAT YOU WILL LEARN Simple and fun balance and strength training The role vision...read more
Volunteer services are needed in the following areas: Senior Centers: Kitchen, front desk, activity organization Transportation: drivers to assist in the medical transportation program Meals on Wheels Congregate Meals Friendly Caller / Visitor Yard Care /...read more
Medicare Counseling available to explain options about: Medicare Part A, B, C & D Medigap / Supplemental Insurance Organize doctor & hospital bills Education about Senior Fraud and Abuse For more information call (435) 277-2456 or...read more
Provide services to help older adults remain in their homes or other community based settings 60 years of age and older On Medicaid or Medicaid eligible Assistance with homemaking and personal care For more information call (435)...read more
Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities. Advocate for Long-term Care Residents Provide information about resident's rights and resources available to them Investigate any issue which affects the resident's quality of...read more