Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, keeping kids safe online and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- Tobacco Retail Permitting Process
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Naloxone – Opioid Overdose
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Proper Disposal of Unused or Expired Medications
- Suicide Prevention – QPR Training
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
TOOELE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT LAUNCHES MAN THERAPY TO HELP MEN MAINTAIN THEIR MENTAL HEALTH THE MANLY WAY Man Therapy’s Groundbreaking, Humorous Approach Provides Resources for Men to Tackle Depression, Divorce, Suicidal Thoughts and More Tooele, Utah (November...
The Tooele County Health Department (TCHD) is seeking proposals for projects that address root causes and factors associated with the youth use of electronic cigarettes, marijuana, and other drugs. Substance misuse/abuse continue to be an important public health...
Disaster Distress Helpline Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA's) Disaster Distress Helpline is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress...
You can stop overdose death. Get Naloxone, save a life. Naloxone reverses and stops an opioid overdose. It saves lives and is legal to have. Naloxone is now available free of charge (limited supply) at the Tooele County Health Department. Call Amy at 435-277-2302...
proper disposal of prescription and over the counter drugs (1)2019