Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, keeping kids safe online and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- Tobacco Retail Permitting Process
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Naloxone – Opioid Overdose
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Proper Disposal of Unused or Expired Medications
- Suicide Prevention – QPR Training
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours...
Tooele County Active Transportation -Final
General Tobacco Retailer Permit and Tobacco Specialty Store Permit In 2018 Utah passed House Bill 324 Tobacco Regulations Amendments. H.B. 324 which took effect on July 1, 2018 and will require all retailers that want to sell tobacco products, including electronic...
The microscopic particles (PM2.5) in wildfire smoke pose significant human health risks. Residents most likely to feel these effects are children, the elderly and people with existing heart and lung conditions. People often wonder how to protect themselves and their...
Today we were just informed by the Utah State Public Health Laboratory that three mosquito pools (samples) tested positive for West Nile virus in the Benson Mill trap. The mosquitoes were collected 8/13/18. For more information about West Nile virus prevention,...
National Weather Service Experimental HeatRisk: Heat affects everyone differently. In order to better address heat risk and allow you to prepare for upcoming heat events, the NWS has developed the experimental HeatRisk forecast. The NWS HeatRisk forecast provides a...
Looking for information on how to create a Worksite Wellness Plan for your employees? Here is a toolkit to help get your started Worksite_wellness_toolkit_2018. Most people want to work in a healthy environment. What does a healthy work environment consist of?...
Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA) Family Support Group is a FREE program for the family members and friends concerned about someone close to them who lives with a substance use disorder. Contact Heidi Warr at (435)255-9905 or www.myusara.com for...