Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Active Transportation Implementation Plan – Tooele County Active Transportation
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, keeping kids safe online and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- Tobacco Retail Permitting Process
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Naloxone – Opioid Overdose
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Proper Disposal of Unused or Expired Medications
- Suicide Prevention – QPR Training
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
Looking for information on how to create a Worksite Wellness Plan for your employees? Here is a toolkit to help get your started Worksite_wellness_toolkit_2018. Most people want to work in a healthy environment. What does a healthy work environment consist of?...
Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA) Family Support Group is a FREE program for the family members and friends concerned about someone close to them who lives with a substance use disorder. Contact Heidi Warr at (435)255-9905 or www.myusara.com for...
Tooele County Health Department is hosting: Young People in Recovery - Tooele County Chapter Recovery Message Training- This training will detail how to use recovery friendly language when disclosing personal stories. April 16th, 4:30 - 6:00 PM Tooele County Health...
The focus of the TOP STAR Program is to move childhood obesity prevention forward by working directly with our community. TOP STAR is sponsored by the Utah Department of Health. Program Focus: TOP STAR focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing...
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Living Well with Chronic Conditions Self-Management Program (CDSMP) is a workshop given two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks, in groups of 10-15 individuals at community settings such as senior centers, churches,...
Tooele County Health Department is working with the Utah Department of Public Safety's Highway Safety Office to increase seat belt use in Tooele. Follow this link for information, tools and statistics specific to Tooele County https://togetherforlifeutah.org or...
Please join us for a community open house where you can: Learn about the project. Review the county's draft Active Transportation Goals. Tell us your preferences in the Active Transportation Survey. Show us where you walk and bike and what issues you see.
What is Naloxone? Naloxone is a lifesaving medication that reverses an opioid or heroin overdose and gets someone breathing again. How does Naloxone work? If a person has taken opioids and is then given naloxone, the opioids will be knocked out of the opiate receptors...
In response to rumors concerning people contracting Meningitis from Stansbury Lake the health department releases this statement: The Tooele County Health Department and Mountain West Medical Center work closely to track all cases of reportable disease. Both...