The mission of Tooele County Aging Services is to promote the safety, health, and independence of adults, 60 years of age and older by supporting a coordinated system of services that will include:
Tooele County Aging Services Department serves as the organization unit with delegated authority for implementing the Older Americans Act with Tooele County. The Division of Aging Services serves as an effective and visible advocate and the leader relative to all Aging issues for seniors in the County. The Division pro-actively carries out a wide range of functions related to advocacy, planning, coordination, inter agency linkages, information sharing, brokering, monitoring and evaluation designed to lead to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordination community based systems serving the County.
Aging Services programs in Tooele County are designed to assist seniors in leading independent lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible.
Services: Click on each service below for more information.
- Active Aging Newsletter– Monthly information on activities, meal menu, upcoming events and classes.
- Activities (Virtual)- Activities you can participate in from your home while the centers are closed.
- Caregiver Support Program – Information, services, assistance, training and support for caregivers of older adults.
- Daily Meals – Served at Grantsville and Tooele Senior Centers.
- Council On Aging – Represents the planning, participation and community advocacy for the elderly.
- Falls Prevention– Stepping On Class Building Confidence and Reducing Falls.
- Group Support – Alzheimer’s Support, Parkinson’s Support, Caregiver Education, Social Support, Youthful Living Classes.
- Legal Aide for Tooele County Senior Citizens– Utah Legal Services Senior Law Center for adults 60 years or older.
- Living Well with Chronic Condition– A free, six-week workshop for anyone living with one or more chronic conditions.
- Meals on Wheels Program – Nutritious daily meal delivered to qualified individuals.
- Medicaid Aging Waiver Program – Provides services to help older adults remain in their homes.
- Medicare Open Enrollment– Open enrollment dates
- Non-Medical Home Based Services– In home services for frail seniors.
- Ombudsman -Supporting and protecting the rights of individuals living in long-term care facilities.
- Senior Centers – Provide activities, education, entertainment and a daily meal.
- S.H.I.P (Senior Health Insurance Program) – Medicare counseling.
- Social Security – First and last Tuesday of each month at Tooele Senior Center 10 am-noon
- The Next Chapter– Social support and educational program for widows and widowers.
- Transportation Scheduling – Serving seniors, veterans, persons with disabilities and the general public.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Multiple opportunities available to serve.
Alzheimer’s Association- https://www.alz.org/
Utah Falls Prevention Alliance http://ucoa.utah.edu/fpa/
Utah Department of Human Services https://daas.utah.gov/
Tooele County Area Agency on Aging Administration – (435) 277-2460
Utah Commission on Aging https://ucoa.utah.edu/
Lunch & Learn for Caregivers – Is an educational series of seminars organized by Tooele County Aging Services for those in our community who are taking care of family members. These free presentations are scheduled weekly during a month each spring and again in...
UTA RELEASE-FREE FARE DAYS Free Fare Days Wednesday, February 20, 2019 Article provided by http://www.rideuta.com/News/2019/02/Free-Fare-Days Today UTA was joined by Salt Lake County, Intermountain Healthcare, the Salt Lake City Mayor’s Office and Davis County to...
The Next Chapter is a social support and educational program that helps widows and widowers adjust to the loss of their loved one. For more details or to ask questions please call Sarah at 435-277-2456 or email email@example.com. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE....
Emotional, educational and social support for caregivers. CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.