Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA) Family Support Group is a FREE program for the family members and friends concerned about someone close to them who lives with a substance use disorder. Contact Heidi Warr at (435)255-9905 or www.myusara.com for...read more
Tooele County Health Department is hosting: Young People in Recovery - Tooele County Chapter Recovery Message Training- This training will detail how to use recovery friendly language when disclosing personal stories. April 16th, 4:30 - 6:00 PM Tooele County Health...read more
The focus of the TOP STAR Program is to move childhood obesity prevention forward by working directly with our community. TOP STAR is sponsored by the Utah Department of Health. Program Focus: TOP STAR focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing...read more
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Classes to be held at Grantsville Senior Center starting Fridays, April 6 and going through Friday, May 11 from 8:30-11:00 AM. Living Well with Chronic Conditions Living Well with Chronic Conditions Self-Management Program (CDSMP)...read more
Tooele County Health Department is working with the Utah Department of Public Safety's Highway Safety Office to increase seat belt use in Tooele. Follow this link for information, tools and statistics specific to Tooele County https://togetherforlifeutah.org or...read more
Please join us for a community open house where you can: Learn about the project. Review the county's draft Active Transportation Goals. Tell us your preferences in the Active Transportation Survey. Show us where you walk and bike and what issues you...read more
What is Naloxone? Naloxone is a lifesaving medication that reverses an opioid or heroin overdose and gets someone breathing again. How does Naloxone work? If a person has taken opioids and is then given naloxone, the opioids will be knocked out of the opiate receptors...read more
In response to rumors concerning people contracting Meningitis from Stansbury Lake the health department releases this statement: The Tooele County Health Department and Mountain West Medical Center work closely to track all cases of reportable disease. Both...read more
Utah Department of Health Holds Utah Safe Kids and Injury Prevention Summit Click here to watch the video segment provided by ABC4 Utah. http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/suicide-prevention-may-take-a-shift-in-focus/671967504 WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC4 Utah) -...read more