Why is Health Promotion important?
- Health promotion improves the health status of individuals, families, communities, states, and the nation.
- Health promotion enhances the quality of life for all people.
- Health promotion reduces premature deaths.
- Healthy Living through Environment, Policy, and Improved Clinical Care
What services are available to me?
- Violence and Injury Prevention Program – falls in elderly, concussions, car seats, and injury partners with Zero Fatality and Utah Highway Patrol..
- Tobacco Prevention and Control Program – tobacco handler, compliance, ending nicotine dependence, etc.
- EPICC Program– Healthy Living through Environment, Policy and Improved Clinical Care
- Live Fit– Physical Activity and Nutrition policies, Worksite Wellness, Bicycle and Pedestrian Plans, etc.
- Prediabetes – diabetes prevention education
- Top Star – focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing screen-time, and supporting breastfeeding-friendly environments.
Today we were just informed by the Utah State Public Health Laboratory that three mosquito pools (samples) tested positive for West Nile virus in the Benson Mill trap. The mosquitoes were collected 8/13/18. For more information about West Nile virus prevention,...read more
National Weather Service Experimental HeatRisk: Heat affects everyone differently. In order to better address heat risk and allow you to prepare for upcoming heat events, the NWS has developed the experimental HeatRisk forecast. The NWS HeatRisk forecast provides a...read more
Looking for information on how to create a Worksite Wellness Plan for your employees? Here is a toolkit to help get your started Worksite_wellness_toolkit_2018. Most people want to work in a healthy environment. What does a healthy work environment consist of?...read more
Utah Support Advocates for Recovery Awareness (USARA) Family Support Group is a FREE program for the family members and friends concerned about someone close to them who lives with a substance use disorder. Contact Heidi Warr at (435)255-9905 or www.myusara.com for...read more
Tooele County Health Department is hosting: Young People in Recovery - Tooele County Chapter Recovery Message Training- This training will detail how to use recovery friendly language when disclosing personal stories. April 16th, 4:30 - 6:00 PM Tooele County Health...read more
The focus of the TOP STAR Program is to move childhood obesity prevention forward by working directly with our community. TOP STAR is sponsored by the Utah Department of Health. Program Focus: TOP STAR focuses on promoting physical activity and nutrition, reducing...read more
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Classes to be held at Grantsville Senior Center starting Fridays, April 6 and going through Friday, May 11 from 8:30-11:00 AM. Living Well with Chronic Conditions Living Well with Chronic Conditions Self-Management Program (CDSMP)...read more
Tooele County Health Department is working with the Utah Department of Public Safety's Highway Safety Office to increase seat belt use in Tooele. Follow this link for information, tools and statistics specific to Tooele County https://togetherforlifeutah.org or...read more
Please join us for a community open house where you can: Learn about the project. Review the county's draft Active Transportation Goals. Tell us your preferences in the Active Transportation Survey. Show us where you walk and bike and what issues you...read more